Silane Coupling AgentInquiry
Silane coupling agent is an important chemical reagent, and its molecular structure is generally Y-R-Si(OR)3 (Y in the formula: organic functional group; SiOR: siloxyl group). Silane coupling agents are mainly used in glass fiber reinforced plastics. Siloxy groups have reactivity to inorganic substances, and organic functional groups have reactivity to organic substances. Therefore, when the silane coupling agent is between the inorganic and organic interfaces, a bonding layer of organic matrix-inorganic matrix is formed, which makes the silane coupling The agent can be coupled with organic and inorganic substances to improve the properties of materials, and can be widely used in the production and processing of rubber, plastics, filled composite materials, coatings, adhesives and sealants.
Figure1. Silane coupling agents can be used in the reaction between organic and inorganic substances to promote interfacial fusion and enhance performance
- Modification of high-quality composite materials: Silane coupling agents greatly improve the dispersion of resins and coatings, while also improving strength, water resistance, cold resistance and adhesion
- Modified resin: Silane coupling agent can improve the adhesion of resin to organic materials and impart low temperature, low moisture curing, and improve weather resistance, heat resistance and acid resistance, solvent resistance.
- Surface treatment: Silane coupling agent can improve the adhesion between glass fiber and resin, and can greatly improve the strength, electrical properties and hydrophobic properties of the material. Silane coupling agents that have been widely used in industrial production include vinyl silane, amino silane and methacryloxy silane.
Figure2. Silane coupling agents can be used for surface treatment, which can greatly improve the performance of materials
- Filled plastics: Silane coupling agents can improve the dispersion, adhesion, electrical properties, mechanical properties and stability of fillers in resins.
Figure3. Silane coupling agents can be used in filled plastics
- Additives for polymer materials: Silane coupling agents can be used as tackifiers for sealants, adhesives and coatings, which can improve the strength, water resistance and weather resistance of materials, give full play to their functions and reduce costs.
Figure4. Silane coupling agents can be used as additives for polymer materials, which can effectively improve the performance of materials
- Textile auxiliaries: Silane coupling agents can effectively improve the performance of textiles, making textiles soft, elastic, waterproof and antistatic, resistant and comfortable to wear.
Figure5. Silane coupling agents can be used to improve the performance of textile products
- Biological application: Silane coupling agent can be used for biochemical and environmental protection convenience. It is an important raw material for preparing silicone solid pancreatic enzyme carrier, which can improve the utilization rate of biological enzymes and avoid pollution and waste.
Figure6. Silane coupling agent can improve the utilization of biological enzymes
What can we offer
Alfa Chemistry provides high-quality services to customers around the world, provides high-quality products, and takes this as an efficient competitiveness. Our professional team can provide high-quality customized services, meet customer needs in an efficient and convenient way, and professionally provide customers with high-quality services.
Alfa Chemistry provides professional silicone products and services, adheres to customer first, takes innovation as the goal, constantly breaks through technical bottlenecks, strives for perfection, and strives to meet customer needs in an all-round way. If the product you want is not in our list, please contact us now.
- Gao. Y., et al. Recent progress on reductive coupling of nitroarenes by using organosilanes as convenient reductants. Asian J. Org. Chem. 2020, 369(19): 3971-3986.
- Hirakendu. B., et al. Present status of hybrid materials for potable water decontamination: a review. Environ. Sci.: Water Res. Technol., 2020,6: 3214 - 3248.